10 Best Skin-Friendly Superfoods
A good skincare routine starts with a good diet that contains all the necessary nutrients that can improve your skin health. And the most amazing thing is that there are many skin friendly superfoods are already available in your kitchen.
Adding a superfood to your diet coupled with regular skin care will certainly boost your skin health. It will be a complete skincare routine that will help maintain a youthful appearance for a long time.
Here’re 10 skin friendly superfoods that you can add to your daily diet to boost your skin health. And they can be consumed in different ways like added to recipes, juices, and spreads.
- Chia Seeds
Extracted from a flowering plant Salvia Hispanica, these oval-shaped seeds are called a friendly superfood due to their multiple skin benefits that are as follows:
• They have antioxidants to fight radical damage caused by UV rays
• They soothe inflammation to keep the skin healthy and calm
• They have omega-3 fatty acids that enhance the skin barrier against environmental damage
• They lock moisture to keep the skin hydrated
• Rich in vitamins A and C, iron, and potassium, they can increase skin luminosity
A nutritious superfood, avocados pack healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that have an impressive list of skin benefits.
• It has the fat compounds and vitamins that improve chronic skin conditions like eczema and acne
• It contains vitamins C and E that prevents skin damage from UV rays
• Fat found in avocados improves skin elasticity
Just a pinch of ginger powder can enhance the flavor of baked food and make your skin healthy and happy in the following ways.
• It has antioxidants that boost collagen and prevent the formation of wrinkles, creases, and fine lines
• The antiseptic properties in ginger can help improve the appearance by clearing acne and blemishes
• It fights inflammation to keep the skin calm
• Some studies have claimed that ginger can improve the skin structure
Rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, tomatoes are good for your skin. They also contain vitamins A and B, potassium, and magnesium in small amounts. They could benefit your skin in the following ways:
• They have a photo-protective effect due to the presence of lycopene that protects from UV light-induced sunburn
• They have vitamin C that promotes new connective tissues, promotes healing, and boosts collagen production
• They have potassium that prevents dry skin conditions like dermatitis
• They have compounds like beta carotene and lutein that soothes skin inflammation
Oatmeal has multiple skin-loving benefits and for this reason, it has been recognized as a skin protectant by FDA. Here’re the biggest skin benefits of oatmeal.
• It has vitamin E, phenol, and starches that provide it anti-inflammatory properties and make it a great moisturizing agent
• It contains flavonoids that absorb harmful UV rays and protect your skin from chemicals and harsh pollutants
• It has the antioxidant properties that can improve the natural complexion of the skin
• It suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin, oily, and dry skin
• It has saponin that is a great skin cleanser
Artichoke is a flower-like vegetable packed with skin-friendly nutrition including vitamins C and B6, minerals, and dietary fiber. Following are the benefits of artichokes for your skin.
• It can minimize open pores, boost collagen levels, and increase moisture retention to get youthful and flawless skin
• It can reduce lead concentration from the blood to provide clear skin and help regenerate skin cells to prevent breakouts
• It has natural anti-inflammatory that increases blood circulation
• It has anti-aging properties that repair cells damaged by harsh UV rays
- Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are considered good for skin health as they contain vitamins C and E in rich amounts. Also, they have excellent antioxidant properties. Here’re the skin benefits of sweet potatoes.
• They have beta-carotene that converts into vitamin A that is needed for cell production
• They have antioxidants that neutralize free radicals that cause oxidative stress to skin cells
• They have vitamin C that is vital for the production of collagen
• They have potassium and pantothenic acid that lock moisture
• They have folate that can decrease skin sensitivity to UV damage and lower the risk of skin cancer
Sardines are a small class of oily fish popular as a skin friendly superfoods due to their nutrition content that includes fish oil, fats, vitamins, and minerals. They are good for your skin in the following ways.
• Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, sardines can slow down the UV damage to your skin and improve the skin’s natural barrier
• Sardines contain coenzyme Q10 that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, increases smoothness, and boosts skin firmness
• This canned fish has selenium that is a miracle micronutrient as it promotes cell protection and boosts immune health
- Egg Whites
Eggs are good for your skin as it is rich in fatty acids and it contain a kind of protein that removes excess oil and increase skin firmness. Here’re the skin benefits of eggs.
• Eggs are considered great antidotes for breakouts like pimples, acne, and blackheads
• Lutein compound found in eggs keeps the skin well-hydrated and improves skin elasticity as well
• Fatty acids found in eggs add moisture to the skin
• Rich in vitamin A, eggs can aid cell development and promote the healing of wounds
• Eggs have vitamin D that control gene activity and boost skin health
Rich in vitamin B, quinoa can brighten your skin and enhance its appearance. Also, it can rejuvenate the skin texture to refresh the look. Look for more skin benefits of quinoa.
• It is key to anti-aging as it contains vitamin B that prevents the emergence of wrinkles and creases
• Also, it contains niacinamide (vitamin B3) that can reduce redness and inflammation associated with acne
• It has tyrosinase inhibitor enzymes that reduce pigmentation, age spots, and other skin problems
• It has lysine that aids in cell growth and repair that helps in quick healing
• It has vitamin A that delays the emergence of wrinkles and fine lines
• It also has vitamin B2 that improves the elasticity of the skin
Disclaimer: The above information is for educational purposes only and the readers are advised to consider the pros and cons of superfoods before choosing a skin friendly superfoods.
For more information please visit our site at https://www.reviewmentor.com