10 Calisthenic Exercises That Work For Entire Body
Calisthenics exercise can help build your muscles, strengthen your core, and improve your endurance and coordination in a short time. And these exercises require no specific accessories like weight or bands. You can practice calisthenics workout hands-free in your home.
The advantage of Calisthenics exercises is that they are relatively safer as you are free to manage your speed and intensity so as not to come under pressure. Also, you can practice these activities any time of the day.
Here’re 10 Calisthenics workout you can try at home
Good for burning extra calories, jumping jacks strengthen the entire body. Also, they are beneficial for the heart and lungs.
• Stand straight with feet closed and arms at your sides
• Jump to open your legs – shoulder-width or more – and then back to the first position
• Raise your hands with feet movement
• Do 2 sets of 30 reps each
Prisoner Squat Jumps
A modified version of squat jumps, the exercise works great for calves, mid abs, glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Since it is related to squat jumps, you won’t have any hassle understanding the process.
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart
• Get on your toes and interlock your hands behind your head
• Descent to squat position and bend your torso slightly forward
• Jump as high as you can with your hands locked behind
• Land softly back to the squat position
• Do 3 sets of 8-10 reps each
Lunge Jumps Calisthenics Workout At Home
It is a great exercise for toning leg muscles, improving balance, and coordination between your limbs. Also, it helps burn calories and strengthen the mid and lower sections of the body.
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and shoulders rolled back
• Put your right foot forward and bend your knees until your right thigh comes parallel to the floor
• Jump and bring your left foot forward and right foot backward
• Lunge your left foot forward just like you did with the right leg
• Do 4 sets of 6 reps each
It is a good exercise if you want to burn fat especially from the abdominal area and build a strong core.
• Sit down on a mat with your feet flat on the floor
• Interlock your hands behind your head and lean slightly backward
• Lift your legs to start and extend your right leg off the floor
• Bring your right elbow forward and try touching your left knee
• Do it with the left leg and left elbow
• Try doing it fast and do 3 sets of 8 reps each
Sit-Ups Calisthenics Workout At Home
If you want to reduce your belly size and strengthen your core and build endurance then you should do sit-ups. It will develop your abs, chest, shoulders, and hamstrings.
• Lie down on your back with your knees folded and hands extended above the head
• Place your feet firmly on the floor to start the exercise
• Lift your torso without disturbing the placement of your legs
• Bring your hands in an extended position and rest them on your knees
• Go down to the starting position and do 4 sets of 10 reps each
If your focus is on your shoulders, chest, and arms, then you should do wall push-ups. It will help build biceps and strengthen your lats and core.
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and two steps away from a wall
• Place your palms on the wall to start
• Bend your elbows to take your chest as close to the wall as possible
• Stop for a while and come back to the starting position
• Do 4 sets of 10 reps each
This exercise can challenge your core muscles and tone your arms, chest, and shoulders. It also improves balance and endurance.
• Lean on a bench, table, or sofa that is firm and reliable
• Place your palms on the bench and bring your body in a straight line
• Push your chest towards the bench while keeping your body straight
• Hold for a short while and then come back to the starting position
• Do 4 sets of 12 reps each
Side Lunges Calisthenics Workout At Home
Build your inner thighs, lower body, hip flexors, and glute with this exercise. It will build your thighs and calves. Also, it will increase your balance and coordination.
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, join your palms, and take your hands before your chest
• Take a step towards your right and fold the right leg
• Lower your body to the right with your hands folded
• Your bodyweight should be on the right leg and buttocks pushed out
• Jump back to the starting position
• Repeat the exercise with the left leg and do 4 sets of 12 reps each
Kicking like a donkey makes a great leg activity that works well for glutes, hamstrings, quads, core, and shoulders. It will also build your endurance and coordination.
• Get down all your fours on an exercise mat
• Keep your palms flat on the floor and arms stretched
• Your back should be straight and head pointed slightly towards the ceiling
• Lift your left leg and give a kick to the ceiling
• Bring the left leg down and repeat it with the right leg
• Give 10 kicks with one leg and do 2 sets of 10 reps each
Location of triceps muscles makes toning triceps a challenge. Since they are placed behind the arms, you need to do a different exercise to tone those muscles.
• Sit on the floor with your knees folded and an exercise bench at your back
• Hold the bench with your hands by stretching your hands to the bench
• Make a strong grip with your hands and place your feet firmly on the exercising mat
• Push your body up with the help of your triceps and go as up as possible
• Come down to the starting position and go up again
• Do 4 sets of 12 reps each
Disclaimer: Exercising requires proper training, guidance, and monitoring. Exercising without monitoring could be injurious.
For more information please visit our site at https://www.reviewmentor.com