Bharat: Salman Khan Movie
Bharat: Salman Khan Does Many Things For The First Time In The Movie
Bharat is a period drama film by Ali Abbas Zafar. It is said to be based on the South Korean melodrama Ode to My Father (2014). The movie starts with the partition of India in 1947 and Bharat was an 8-year old boy. His father sends him to India with others with the promise that he will hold the entire family together.
Bharat (Salman Khan) travels to India with his family but his father (Jackie Shroff) stays back in Pakistan. In India, a young Bharat joins The Great Russian Circus before migrating to the Gulf in mid 70s. Kumud Raina (Katrina Kaif), a recruiting agent for oil companies. Bharat develops a liking for Kumud Raina during his stay in the Gulf region. Later he becomes a volunteer for Indian Navy and finally comes to India to expand his family business during the economic liberalization in the 90s. Bharat narrates his story from his childhood to a family-man in an old age.
Highlights of the movie
- Salman Khan changes sports different looks from a teenager (18) to a septuagenarian (70)
- Salman Khan’s most ambitious and expensive movie till date
- Special effects are used to transform Salman Khan in different looks
- Salman Khan has a kissing scene in the movie
- The art and costumes give the feel of partition era
Bharat First Look & Poster
The poster features Salman Khan in different looks including a naval officer, oil-rig worker and an aging person. Just beneath Salman Khan, there is Katrina Kaif and, in the background, there is Indo-Pak border. The movie name features in the bottom.
Why watch the movie?
Salman Khan fans are curious to see their favourite actor sporting different looks from a teenager to a retired businessman.
Watch Bharat trailer here
- Salman Khan wears prosthetic in the movie
- Atul Agnihotri, producer of the movie, is brother-in-law of Salman Khan
- Original steam rail engines are used in the movie
- Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra working together after a decade