De DePyaar De Movie
De DePyaar De: What Censor Board Found Disturbing In The Movie?
De DePyaar De is a romantic comedy by Ajay Devgn and Tabu. But the biggest attraction of the movie is going to be Rakul Preet Singh who belongs to Telugu and Tamil film industry and working with Ajay Devgn for the first time. CBFC passed the movie but with three cuts.
Ashish Mehra (Ajay Devgn) is a 50-year-old divorcee but with a young heart. He meets a beautiful girl 26-year-old Ayesha Khurana (Rakul Preet Singh) that is about half of his age. But they meet, become friends and then fall in love despite the huge age gap. Ashish Mehra wants to marry Ayesha Khurana but his family especially his ex-wife Manjana “Manju” Rao (Tabu) is against this match and marriage.
Highlights of the movie
• It features Alok Nath accused of #Metoo controversy
• Directorial debut of Akiv Ali
• It’s a situational comedy movie
• The movie is slammed for promoting $exism
• Rakul Preet Singh dances holding a bottle of whisky in a song VaddiSharaban. The bottle is replaced with a bouquet of flower.
• Two visuals with dialogues – “performance better hotihai” and “Manju ji keaalu O ho ho, wahi ache hain”, “ki ye sab jhoothain” – are changed.
De DePyaar De First Look & Poster
The poster has Ajay Devgn riding a two-wheeler with Tabu and Rakul Preet Singh sitting in the two side-by-side carriages. While both the ladies are happy to be on the same scooter, Ajay Devgn seems confused.
Why watch the movie?
Ajay Devgn has a huge fan base and Tabu is a popular actor and they both have given many sensational hits. Another reason for watching the movie is Rakul Preet Singh.
• Ajay Devgn released the trailer of the movie on his birthday
• De DePyar De was a song in a 1984 movie Sharabi featuring Amitabh Bachchan
• Ajay Devgn and Tabu are doing romantic comedy after 20 years
• The release date of the movie was postponed from February to May to make way for Ajay Devgn’s movie Total Dhamaal