Hobbs & Shaw Movie Review
Hobbs & Shaw: The Rock And Jason Statham Present An Extravaganza Of Action Till The End
Hobbs & Shawis a spin-off of the fast and furious franchise featuring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham. It is an action movie but it contains enough humor, a pinch of emotion about family and nation, a few surprise cameos of well-known names and gallons of set-piece fuel that make the movie look beefy.
Hattie Shaw (Vanessa Kirby), an M16 field agent, leads a crew to retrieve a deadly virus called Snowflake from a terrorist organization and finally decides to escape by injecting the virus in her body. The news of missing Snowflake spreads like wildfire and a manhunt for Hattie starts. Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson), a federal agent working for the DSS and Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham), a former British Special Forces assassin-turned mercenary, start the search. But there was one more player looking for Hattie. He’s Brixton Lore (Idris Elba), a rouge M16 field agent with amazing superpowers. While Hobbs and Shaw want to save Hattie, Brixton wants to kill her to retrieve the virus.
Highlights of the movie
- It is an action extravaganza entertaining till the last second
- The action sequences have been carefully balanced out with cinematography and editing
- The soundtrack is used effectively to add value to the scenes
- The tone of the movie is set apart from the franchise
- The movie is shot with anamorphic lenses and it is visible from the effects
Hobbs & Shaw First Look & Poster
The poster clearly reflects the difference between Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham. They are standing but divided into two equal forces. Idris Elba looks standing just below the superheroes looks victorious in the superhuman attire. The poster also features Vanessa Kirby. The backdrop displays the action scenes.
Why watch the movie?
It is different from the famous F&F franchise. It has The Rock rocking the screen and a superhuman villain that looks all powerful. The movie offers action and only action.
- The movie is released two years after The Fate of the Furious (2017)
- Shane Black’s name was doing round as director of the movie
- Helen Mirren repeats her role as Shaw’s mother
- Third Fast & Furious without Michelle Rodriguez