How do you shampoo and condition your hair? If you are still following the age-old process you learned from your grandmother then you might be damaging your hair. Shampooing is necessary for your hair and so is a conditioning, but you should know the right way of shampooing and conditioning.
- Steam your hair and scalp to remove oil and dirt by wrapping a towel soaked in hot water around your head for 20 minutes.
- Massage your scalp and hair with your finger pores for a couple of minutes. It will loosen up the dirt and root out the weak hair strands.
- Always take shower with cool or lukewarm water because hot water could remove the natural oil from your hair and scalp and leave the pores open allowing all the moisture to escape. But cool water will lock the moisture so your hair and scalp retain the natural oil.
- Always use sulfate (SLS) and paraben-free shampoo as both these chemicals are harmful to your health. While paraben works as a preservative, sulfate is needed for creating lather but both these chemicals cause allergic reactions.
- Shampoo should be applied to the scalp to remove dirt, oil, and product buildup but rubbing shampoo on the hair will strip it of all the natural oil and protein leading to dull and lifeless hair. And a quarter-size amount of shampoo is sufficient to produce enough lather to clean your scalp and preserve the natural oils on the hair.
- Produce leather by gently