Eyes are the most valuable of all gifts by nature but they need care. If you take care of your eyes, you won’t face any problems with your eyesight. Baba Ramdev, the spiritual guru from India, has some good suggestions for your eyes.
Baba Ramdev is a renowned yoga teacher with a special focus on yoga therapies for curing illnesses. The yoga guru recommends the following exercises for the eyes.
- Eye- Rotation- Up and Down
It involves moving your eyes constantly to relieve muscular strain. It keeps the eyes healthy and improves vision as well.
• Sit down with your back straight and legs stretched out
• Place your hands on your knees and make a thumbs-up gesture with your right hand
• Fix your gaze on the right thumb and slowly move the gaze upwards while keeping your neck straight
• Again bring the gaze down to the thumb
• Do it 10 times with both thumbs with a 15-second break between each rep
- Eye-Rotation- Sideways
It involves moving eyes towards the sides and it is good for people suffering from vision problems like myopia and hypermetropia.
• Sit down in Padmasana with your spine and head straight
• Stretch your arms forward, clasp your hands, but keep your thumbs up
• Fix your gaze on the thumbs and move the thumbs in the middle of the eyes
• From here move the thumbs first to the right and then to the left
• Follow the thumb movement with your eyes without moving your head
• Repeat it 10 times with a 15-second break between each rep
- Eye-Rotation- Clockwise and Anti-Clockwise
It relaxes eye muscles and prevents vision problems. It is a good exercise for people working on computers.
• Sit down in Padmasana with your spine and head straight and your hands in yog mudra
• Raise your right hand, open the thumb, and fix your gaze on the thumb
• Now rotate the thumb five times clockwise and anticlockwise
• Follow your eyes with the thumb movement
• Repeat it with the left thumb
Palming is a quick and easy way to relax your eyes, improve blood circulation, and reduce puffiness.
• Sit in a comfortable position on a mat or chair
• Rub your palms vigorously to generate heat
• Close your eyes and place your palms over them
• Feel the warmth in your eyes
• Do it a couple of times a day
It involves gazing at a fixed object for a substantial time. It improves concentration and vision. Also, it cures myopic vision problems.
• Sit down comfortable in Padmasana or on a chair
• Fix a candle about two feet from your eyes
• Light the candle and fix your gaze on the flame
• Keep gazing for as long as you can
• Try to increase your gazing time
• Do it once or … Read more