You need a toner when a hair dye job goes wrong. But there is little to worry about as you can easily make a toner with kitchen ingredients. The advantage of homemade toners is that they are gentle on hair.
Why Do You Need A Hair Toner?
Using a hair toner becomes necessary when you want to change the undertone of your hair. It can correct an unwanted warm tone like orange or red. It works by removing unwanted pigments from the hair. It neutralizes the warmth of hair tone so it looks natural.
- Baking Soda Shampoo
Blue & Purple Food Color (2 drops each)
Baking Soda (1tsp)
• Get all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well
• Apply the shampoo mixture to your hair and leave it for 5-10 minutes
• Rinse your hair well and apply conditioner
• Use this mixture once a week as it could make your hair dry
• On other days, you can use sulfate-free shampoo
Benefits: It removes the product and mineral buildup and neutralizes the warm natural tone of the hair.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Apple Cider Vinegar (4tsp)
• Add the ingredients to a bowl and mix them well
• Apply the solution to your hair and leave it for 15 minutes
• Rinse your hair with lukewarm water
• Use it only 3 times a month as overuse can lead … Read more