If you need to bend your knees while touching your feet, you are losing your flexibility and immunity. You lead a sedentary life that is making you immobile. It is better you start some activities that can help retain your flexibility while you are busy with your desk job.
Here’re 9 yoga asanas that can be helpful in building your flexibility and immunity in the long run
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
• Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and body balanced on your feet
• Raise your arms above your head with your fingers interlocked and palms facing upwards
• Straighten your posture by raising your shoulders towards your ears and opening your chest
• Look straight and hold the pose for 10 seconds
• Come back to normal position and relax
Benefits: Tadasana corrects posture by working on all muscles and joints. It aligns the skeletal, regulates the digestive system, boosts the respiratory mechanism, and improves the nervous system.
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, hands extended with palms facing downwards
• Bend your knees and pull your pelvis slightly down like you are sitting on a chair
• Raise your hands above your head and stretch your spine towards the ceiling
• Hold the pose for 10 seconds and then relax
Benefits: The advantage of utkatasana is it involves the entire body. It will test your strength and stamina. And if you keep doing it regularly, you will … Read more