5 Hydrating Face Packs For Dry Skin Treatment During Summer
Hot summer days could be harsh on your dry skin if you aren’t following a skincare routine suitable for hot-weather. You need face packs with good hydrating properties and high moisture content that have a calming and soothing effect on sensitive skin.
If you have dry skin and you face problems like skin irritation and flaky skin during summer then this blog is useful for you. Here you will learn about hydrating face masks you can prepare at home and get the treatment that is both safe and fruitful.
What Causes Skin Problems During Summer?
Dryness under the cumulative effect of UV sun rays, dirt, and pollution could develop cracks and fine lines on the skin. The skin will become flaky and your face will appear dull and irritable. Sunscreen can provide some protection but it is better to take some extra care of the skin to prevent issues like redness.
Hydrating Face Packs For Dry Skin
The objective of wearing hydrating face packs is to keep the skin soft and supple during the hot-weather season. And the advantage of these face masks is that they can be prepared and used at home. Here you will get a complete tutorial on how a moisture-rich face mask is prepared and used.
- Papaya Face Pack
Papaya pulp contains vitamins A and C. Also, this sweet pulp is rich in antioxidants. It is these properties that make papaya great for skin health. In addition to hydrating your skin, it will prevent the development of premature aging signs like wrinkles. But the best thing about the papaya mask is it doesn’t require additional ingredients. It is a single mask that is quite effective on dry skin.
• Peel a papaya to draw its pulp in a bowl
• Mash the pulp until it becomes a smooth paste
• Apply the paste all over your face and cover the mask with cotton to prevent it from dripping
• Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it off with running water
• Add 1tsp of fresh pineapple juice to 1/4 cup of mashed papaya to reduce pore size
• Add warmed honey and oatmeal to mashed papaya to make an exfoliating mask. Wear it for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water
• Add honey, yogurt, and lemon juice to mashed papaya to lighten your skin tone
- Yogurt Face Pack
Yogurt revives dull skin by helping the skin retain its moisture content. Another advantage of yogurt is it acts as a natural bleaching agent. Also, this face mask contains honey that moisturizes and softens the skin naturally.
• Yogurt (2tsp)
• Honey (1tsp)
• Blend yogurt and honey into a smooth paste
• Apply the paste to your face and neck
• Wait until it is completely dry and rinse it off with lukewarm water
• Add 1tsp ripe strawberries and 1tsp raw honey to 1tsp yogurt to make a skin brightening mask
• Add 1tsp olive oil and 1/4 avocado to 1tsp yogurt makes a hydrating mask with good moisturizing properties
- Sandalwood Face Pack
Sandalwood and rose water make an amazing face mask. It is the best face pack for sensitive skin. Also, it has been an age-old skin treatment in India. Since you can easily get these two things at home, you can make a face pack to treat your sensitive skin.
• Sandalwood Powder (3tsp)
• Rose Water
• Add some rose water to the sandalwood powder and blend it well to make a smooth paste
• Apply the paste evenly all over your face and neck
• Rinse off with running water after 15 minutes
• Mix sandalwood powder and turmeric 2tsp each and warm water to the mixture
• Make a smooth paste of sandalwood and turmeric powder
• Apply it to the blackhead-prone areas and let it dry
• Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Oats And Cucumber Face Mask
Oats have a soothing effect on dry skin. Also, they can heal cracks and fine lines. Cucumber is also used for its natural cooling and soothing properties. It is also a natural toner.
• Oats (3tsp)
• Cucumber Juice (1tsp)
• Yogurt (1tsp)
• Mix oats, cucumber juice, and yogurt in a bowl until they make a smooth paste
• Apply the paste to your skin and allow it to dry
• Wash off the paste with normal water when it is dry
• Blend yogurt and cucumber juice and add honey and oats to them to make a smooth paste
• Apply it all over your face and neck
• Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water
• It works well on black spots and puffiness
- Almonds And Rose Water Face Mask
It is called a royal pack because of its ingredients. It contains Vitamin E in rich quantities and this vitamin does magic for dry skin. Vitamin E oil prevents dry skin in both summer and winter.
• Almonds (10 pieces)
• Rose Water
• Soak the almond pieces overnight and grind them the next morning
• Add some rose water to make a thick paste
• Apply it to your face and leave it to dry
• Wash off the paste with warm water
• Collect rose water (2tsp), honey (2tsp), almond oil (2tsp), and Vitamin E oil (3 drops) in a bowl
• Blend the ingredients well
• Apply the oil all over your face and neck
• Let it sit on your skin for 20 minutes so your skin soaks the oil
• Wash it off with warm water and pat dry
UV rays and air pollution can irritate dry skin leading to itching, flaky skin, cracks, and redness. Here you can argue that there are multiple creams and lotions to soothe skin irritation but you will agree that most skin treatment products are laced with chemicals that can cause more problems.
A hydrating face pack made with all-natural ingredients is a great way to soothe your dry and sensitive skin. It will work naturally and keep your skin safe from side effects that you can get with regular skincare products.
Disclaimer: The above information is for educational purposes only and the readers are advised to consider the skin condition and allergies to a natural ingredient before using a face mask.
For more information please visit our site at https://www.reviewmentor.com/