How to Make own Matte Lipstick at home
Women prefer to go to a party or any other place with a complete makeup and best attire. Clothes and makeup make your personality look different. An important part of the makeup is lipstick. Matte Lipstick is the new craze. It looks beautiful and can look good on you anywhere and at any time.
Nowadays, Matte lipsticks are very popular among women, although you will find lots of options in color, finding the perfect shade is quite difficult. Even when you find the perfect tone you might not find it in the market when you visit the second time. If you want, you can prepare it at home, today we are going to tell you how to make matte lipstick at home.
This will help you in having your favorite tone in abundant quantity, and since you will be making it with natural products. It will be healthy and relatively cheaper than the one you found in the market
- 1 teaspoon Vaseline or Petroleum jelly or Beeswax
- 1 teaspoon Oil (coconut oil, vegetable oil, olive oil or baby oil)
- 1 teaspoon Shea butter or Cocoa butter
- ¼ teaspoon Bentonite Clay (for the matte texture)
- A small round container
For the matte color you can either use eye shadow or you can pick other natural alternatives such as:
- Red: 1/8 teaspoon of beetroot powder or 1 drop of natural red food coloring.
- Brown/ Tan: a ¼ teaspoon of organic cocoa powder or a tiny pinch of cinnamon.
- If you are using beeswax then melt the beeswax, Shea/cocoa butter, and oil.
- If you are using Vaseline or petroleum jelly then simply mix it with Shea/ cocoa butter and oil.
If you want to get the matte hue to pick out from your favorite eye shadow color. Either use loose eye shadow or if you are using the pressed powdered eye shadow then crush it so that no lump remains. Then mix the eye shadow powder to the mixture made in the above step.
If you are using the natural color then add your desired ingredient to achieve the desired hue. The best thing is that you can experiment by adding different ingredients in a different amount to achieve lots of light and dark shades.
- Now add the Bentonite clay to the mixture to achieve the matte texture in your lipstick and mix it well.
- If you have used the Vaseline or petroleum jelly then simply transfer the mixture in the dish and now your matte lipstick is ready to use.
- But if you have used the beeswax then your lipstick is still in a liquid state. Pour it in the container such that it is a little below the top. This is because the lipstick will expand as it cools down.
- Then you can put your matte lipstick in a cool and dry place under 80 degrees or else it will soften
Now you have your own lipstick ready to use, why not find out how to apply your lipstick to get the best look for your lip shape?
If you want your matte lipstick to look stunning and last longer, we recommend bearing the following things in mind when painting them:
- Hydrate them by applying a lip balm. Discover how to make one yourself in our article on how to make a homemade lip balm.
- Follow the contours of your lips with an eyeliner pencil of the same shade as your chosen lipstick.
- First, apply a small amount of foundation on your lips with a sponge or brush.
- Apply the matte lipstick with the help of a specific brush and then dab your lips with a piece of toilet paper.
Do not forget, it will be impossible to get good matte lipstick if your lips are not well hydrated and in perfect condition. The best thing is to exfoliate them at least once a week to remove dead cells and leave them free of unsightly bits of skin. To do this, use a commercial exfoliating lotion or prepare a homemade one using natural products such as sugar, honey, coffee or almond oil. In the article how to make a scrub for your lips, you can see the full recipe.