For skincare, you need to work on two fronts. The first is to protect your skin from sun and pollution. And second, is to replenish your skin with essential nutrients. Skincare products like moisturizers and sunscreen lotion will shield your skin from harmful foreign elements. And fruits & nourishment will give your skin a lit-from-within glow.
But you don’t have to change your diet or food habits to get the necessary nutrients for your skincare as simply adding fruits to your meal could do the job. Fruits can give you the nutrients you need for healthy and glowing skin.
How does Your Food Affect Your Skin?
A diet rich in processed food, sugar, and carbohydrates isn’t good for your skin as it can lead to premature aging, acne, and dryness. You need zinc, iron, copper, and vitamins A and D for healthy skin. And eating fruits is a great way to get the essential nutrition and for skin glow.
Fruits For Glowing Skin
Lemon For Skin Glow
Lemon contains vitamin C which is a potent antioxidant that can flush out toxins from your body. It can reduce the emergence of uneven pigmentation, dark spots, acne, and dryness.
• Take lemon juice into the salad
• Drink juice of a half lemon mixed with 1tsp of organic honey and 1 cup of water early in the morning
• Treat oily skin with lemon juice mixed with rose water to remove acne scars
• Treat dry skin with lemon juice mixed with coconut water to cure pigmentation
• Mix 1tsp of lemon juice with 1tsp of milk and apply it to your under-eye area to remove dark circles
• Rubbing lemon and sugar on pigmented areas could lighten the skin tone
Papaya For Skin Glow
Papaya contains vitamins A, C, and B, and minerals like copper, potassium, and magnesium. Also, it has folate and enzymes like papain. It cures constipation which can affect your skin health. It also treats warts, eczema, and corns. It can even heal wounds and cure chronic skin ulcers.
• Eat a bowl of fresh papaya for breakfast or evening snack
• Prepare a papaya smoothie by adding lemon juice, and pink Himalayan salt to it
• Mash small papaya and apply it to your skin as a face pack
• Add lemon juice and 1/4tsp of turmeric to mashed papaya for scarred areas
• Apply mashed papaya with half-tsp of almond oil on dry and flaky skin
• Make a papaya scrub with 1tsp of orange peel and 1tsp of rose water for oily skin treatment
• Use honey instead of rose water for dry skin treatment
Avocado fruits contains vitamins E, A, C, K, and B6 and is good for skin glow. Its antioxidant properties reduce oxidative damage. Consuming avocado can promote healthy aging as it contains healthy fats that reduce inflammation.
• Add … Read more