You Can Do Light Makeup At Home
Heavy makeup isn’t a necessity, but light makeup is. You can’t go to your office with layers of cosmetics sitting on your face. But you will feel comfortable in minimal makeup. And the good thing is that you can easily get light makeup at home.
Here’s the tutorial of doing light makeup at home of your face, cheeks, eyes, and lips.
The first thing about light makeup at home for face is to follow a proper skincare routine to prepare your skin for the touchup. Following a skincare routine will keep your skin healthy and healthy skin looks beautiful even with minimal makeup.
• Clean your face and apply moisturizer
• Apply sunscreen as well, if you want added protection from the sun
• Using a primer is a good idea as it will provide a base for the makeup and allow it to sit for a longer time
• Start with a coat of foundation on your face. Take a stippling brush or a sponge and start applying the foundation in a circular and dabbing motion. Start from the center and blend it outwards to even out the skin tone.
• See whether you are getting the desired coverage. If not, then use a concealer to achieve perfection.
• Seal the makeup with a powder. Take a fluffy brush and apply powder all over your face in a sweeping motion. Give special focus to the t-zone and under-eye area.
• Apply a translucent compact powder to get the last-minute touchups.
Your maximum time would be consumed in preparation and paying attention to preparation gives good results as the final look of your face and durability of the makeup would depend on the preparation.
Makeup For Cheeks
The most prominent facial feature is your cheeks. Set on cheekbones, they give your face a definite dimension. You need to work on the apple of your cheeks to improve their look.
• Pamper the apple of your cheeks with a quality blush. Use a fluffy blush brush and pat the blush on the apples. To blend the blush on the cheekbones, gently move the brush in the upward direction near the temples.
• Apply a coat of color and layer it only to increase its intensity. If you want a sun-kissed look, you should use a bronzer instead.
• Use a cream/powder base highlighter to make your cheeks glow and choose a silver or gold color highlighter.
• Apply the highlighter above the cheekbones, on the bridge of the nose, and on the center of the forehead.
Note: You can use your finger to apply the highlighter if you don’t have a brush. But a brush would be more convenient to highlight the upper planes of your face.
You can see that the focus on the makeup of cheeks remains on the higher planes that include cheekbones, nose, and forehead. It is light makeup at home but it can glow your cheeks.
Eyes can speak more than your lips. Also, eyes need more protection and perfection. For eye makeup, you need to follow the steps. It is more convenient to improve eyes in steps.
First Step: Prepare your eyes by applying a coat of primer or concealer. It will provide a firm base to the makeup, making it crease-proof, and long-lasting.
Second Step: Choose a color in a neutral shade for light makeup. Apply the color with the help of a fluffy or flat brush. Pat the brush on the eyelid and move it in a circular motion towards the crease. Blend it well to maintain the natural look.
Third Step: It’s time to use eyeliner and the good thing is that you are free to choose a pencil, gel, or liquid eyeliner according to your choice and convenience. Start from the outer corner of your eye to the inner corner. Use a pointed or angular brush and apply the eyeliner stroke-by-stroke.
Note: Keep your eyeliner as close to your lash line as possible.
Fourth Step: Groom your eyebrows using an eyebrow pencil or an eyeshadow matching with the color of your brows. Also, check whether the eyebrows require trimming.
Fifth Step: Finally, curl your lashes and apply a coat of mascara starting from the roots to tips. You can apply mascara along the length of lashes, but you could end up putting more mascara on the lashes that will weigh the lashes down. But you can use a volumizing mascara to get voluminous lashes.
The advantage of stepwise makeup is that you don’t miss important steps. And you don’t mess with the makeup. Also, you can complete the eye makeup in the shortest time available.
Light Makeup For Lips
Look at your lips to see whether they have cracks or the soft skin of the lips is chipping. When it comes to improving lips, the focus remains on making the lips healthy.
Preparation: The first thing is to prepare your lips for makeup. Here you can use a lip conditioner or a lip balm to improve the condition of your lips. It is an important step because it will make your lips appear fuller.
Color: Since you are going for minimal makeup, you should choose a nude pink or brown shade. Or you can choose any other color of your choice.
Application: Before you start applying color to your lips, you should draw an outline to prevent the lip color from bleeding. Use a pencil of the color that you want to apply to your lips. Draw an outline and fill the outline with color.
First, apply a coat of color and see whether your lips need a second coat. Also, check whether the color is all over. Give attention to detail including bleeding of the color. Keep a tissue paper to remove excess color from your lips and clean bleeding color.
Minimal makeup isn’t about missing important features, but it is about highlighting the most important features. It feels light and healthy. Also, it gives more freedom in the choice of colors and shades. And you can try it without any professional help.
Disclaimer: The above information is for educational purposes only and readers are advised to take training before trying makeup.
For more information please visit our site at https://www.reviewmentor.com/