4 Kegel Exercise Positions And How Are They Beneficial
Ever since you heard about the Kegel exercise for female and its benefits, you’ve been doing them every day. But the thing is, you haven’t noticed a difference. Does it mean you’re doing them incorrectly? Keep reading, if you want to know what’s going on, exactly.
Table Of Contents
Kegel exercise positions help to strengthen pelvic floor muscles and if you don’t know where and who these muscles are then you should first identify your pelvic muscles.
- Try to stop your pee while urinating only to learn how it feels as it could lead to urinary tract infections.
- Delay your fart or passing gas when you need to. Your pelvic floor muscles will be stretched and contracted to shut the outlet for the gas to release.
- Place a finger into your vagina and squeeze it with the muscles around the vagina. You should feel the pressure on your finger.
The muscles you move during these activities are the pelvic floor muscles you strengthen with Kegel exercise positions. Beginners should start only after finding their pelvic floor muscles. It will help them notice the muscles and notice the difference over time.
How Kegel can impact your quality of life?
With women Kegel exercise routine, you’ll never face issues such as:
- Leaking pee
- Urge to pee frequently
- Leaking poop
- Pelvic organs sagging or bulging into your vagina
Also, these exercises help improve sexual health by improving orgasm. A strong pelvis can provide multiple orgasms.
If you’ve any of the following conditions, you should do Kegels:
- Childbirth, especially a C-section
- Obesity with a BMI greater than 30
- Surgery in the pelvic area
- Chronic constipation
Sitting Fast-Twitch Exercise
Pelvis muscles are divided into fast-twitch and slow-twitch according to their function. Fast-twitch muscles are muscles that react to emergency conditions like pee leaks quickly. For example, if you have a urine leak during situations like a sudden coughing fit, it is due to weak fast-twitch muscles. This beginner Kegel exercise can help strengthen the fast-twitch muscles.
- Sit comfortably on a chair and focus on your pelvic floor muscles
- Squeeze your pelvic floor muscles
- Use your pelvic muscles as a claw clinching something
- Hold the squeeze for a few seconds
- Feel the pressure on your pelvis floor
- Release the muscles and repeat the exercise
- Do it three times a day with 10 reps each time
Sitting Slow-Twitch Exercise
Slow-twitch muscles play a vital role in controlling your toilet visits. The stronger the muscles, the less the frequency of toilet visits. Slow-twitch muscles support internal organs and you get more time for toilet visits. Practicing Kegel exercise positions daily will provide you with better control over toilet visits.
- Sit comfortably on a chair and focus on your pelvic muscles
- Squeeze your pelvic muscles like you do when you avoid farting in public
- Feel the pressure on your internal organs but avoid squeezing the organs
- Hold the squeeze for a couple of seconds or as much as you can before releasing
- Repeat the exercise three times a day with 10 reps per set
Horizontal Kegel Exercise
The best thing about Kegel exercise for female is it can be practiced any time of the day and in any position. Or it would be better to say that you can choose a position you are comfortable in. You don’t need to use a chair for Kegels. You can do these exercises while lying on a bed or floor.
- Lie on your back on the floor with your knees flexed and feet flat on the floor
- Place your hands on your stomach to start
- Focus on your pelvic floor muscles
- Squeeze the pelvic muscles without moving your abs under your hand
- Hold the squeeze for 10 seconds or longer and relax
- Do three sets with 10 reps each daily for good results
Standing Kegel Exercise
As said earlier, you can easily practice the Kegel exercise at home in whatever position you are comfortable with, you can do the exercise in a standing position. It is just the opposite of the horizontal position. But only the position is changed as results are similar in each position. But you should do the exercise in a secluded place where you can focus on your pelvic muscles.
- Stand straight and be comfortable so you can focus on your pelvic floor muscles
- Squeeze your pelvic muscles for 10 seconds or longer
- Put pressure on your thighs to generate the pressure and avoid squeezing the abdominal muscles
- Relax and repeat the exercise in three sets with 10 reps each
Fix a schedule for Kegel exercise positions instead of clinching your pelvic floor muscles all the time. Pelvic muscles can be squeezed up to a certain extent beyond which they can cause incontinence. Also, you shouldn’t squeeze the pelvic muscles for longer than 10 seconds as it could create unnecessary tension and tightness in the muscles. If you feel that your pelvic floor is tense, you should visit a physician.
Adhering to a women Kegel exercise routine is a great idea to develop your pelvic muscles but the exercises shouldn’t be painful. In case, you experience discomfort while squeezing your pelvic muscles, you should discontinue the exercise. Also, it is advisable to visit a physician, if the pain persists.
Conclusion – Hope this information about the Kegel exercise helps clear your doubts. You should be consistent with your Kegel routine and have patience to get results. Also, you should know that the quality of results varies from one person to another. When done correctly, Kegels give excellent results according to the overall physical health of a person. Another important thing about Kegels is to keep the safety considerations in mind.
Q: Which Is The Right Kegel Exercise Position?
A: Sitting, Horizontal, and Standing
Q: When Is The Right Time To Do Kegel Exercise?
A: Empty stomach
Q: When Do Kegel Exercise Positions Show Results?
A: Six to eight weeks
Q: Can I Do Kegel Exercise Multiple Times A Day?
A: Do it three times a day
Q: Do I Need Any Training For Kegel Exercise?
A: Practice finding your pelvic floor muscles
Disclaimer – Information provided in the blog is for educational purposes only. Viewers are advised to try Kegel exercises only on the advice of their doctors.