5 Proven Benefits Of Coconut Water For Your Hair
Coconut water is good for your hair and overall health as it can help fight many health issues. But little do you know that massaging coconut oil on your scalp and hair could give you fast relief from itchy scalp, dandruff, and dry hair. It has nourishing properties that will nourish your scalp and hydrate your hair. Also, you can enhance the potential of coconut water by adding more ingredients to it.
Advantages Of Coconut Water For Hair
- It hydrates hair
Coconut water can keep your hair hydrated without weighing them down. It can nourish dry strands by penetrating deep inside the hair shafts. It will make your hair appear refreshed and voluminous. Your hair needs hydration and the best way to keep your hair hydrated is to use coconut water spray.
- Prevents Breakage
The well hydrated and nourished scalp will enhance the elasticity of your hair strands and prevent breakage. You only need to massage your scalp and hair with fresh coconut water twice or thrice a week to get the best results. You accidentally break your hair while washing but it won’t happen once your hair has elasticity.
- Soothes Irritated Scalp
Coconut water has anti-inflammatory properties that can calm itchy, dry, and flaky scalp. If you add ingredients like aloe vera gel or honey to it, you can make it more useful. Massaging your hair and scalp with coconut water will keep your scalp cool.
- Reduces Dullness
Coconut water will hydrate your hair so it remains fresh and you will agree that well-hydrated tresses would look softer and shinier. You won’t have to face problems like fritz and split ends.
- Reduces Dandruff
Coconut water will keep your hair and scalp well hydrated so you remain free from dandruff. If you have dandruff, you should try coconut water treatment for your hair and scalp.
Fresh Coconut’s Water On The Scalp
A gentle massage of coconut water on your scalp and hair can stimulate blood circulation which is good for strengthening the hair follicles and growth of hair.
• Half cup of fresh coconut water
• Wet your hair and scalp with coconut water
• Massage your scalp and hair with finger pores
• Allow your hair and scalp to soak in the coconut water for 30 minutes
• Wash it off with a shampoo
• Repeat it 2-3 times a week
Coconut Water And Lemon Juice
Lemon is good for the scalp in many ways. Mixing lemon juice with coconut water makes it an ideal solution for treating the itchy scalp, dandruff, and scalp acne.
• Half cup coconut water
• 2tsp of lemon juice
• Take half a cup of coconut water into a bowl
• Add 2tsp of lemon juice to it
• Stir the solution well to blend the ingredients
• Apply the solution to your hair and scalp well
• Leave your hair and scalp wet with the solution for 20 minutes
• Rinse off with lukewarm water
• Repeat it twice a week
Coconut Water And Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can help maintain the pH level of the scalp. Also, it enhances the shine of hair. Mixing it with coconut water will make a nice solution for healthy and shiny hair.
• 1 cup coconut water
• 1tsp of apple cider vinegar
• Take a cup of coconut water in a glass bowl
• Add 1tsp of apple cider vinegar to it
• Apply the solution to your hair and scalp
• Massage it with your finger pores
• Wash it off with lukewarm water
• Do it once a week
Coconut Water And Honey
Honey is a great remedy for itchy scalp. It can soothe itchy scalp, prevent the development of dandruff, and keep your hair conditioned. Adding honey to coconut water will boost the nutrient content of coconut water.
• 1 cup coconut water
• 4tsp of honey
• Pour a cup of coconut water into a bowl
• Add 4tsp of honey to the coconut water
• Stir the ingredients well until it makes a thick paste
• Apply this concoction to your hair and scalp
• Wrap your head with a head towel so the solution sets deep inside your scalp and hair
• Leave it in your hair for about 30 minutes
• Rinse it off with lukewarm water
• Do it once a week
DIY Coconut Hairspray
If you want, you can even prepare a DIY coconut water hairspray at home. Its advantage is that you can easily use the hair spritz as and when required. Spray the water on your hair to keep your hair hydrated all day.
• One-fourth cup of coconut water
• 2tsp of aloe vera gel
• 2tsp of jojoba oil
• Mix all the ingredients in the said quantity into a spray bottle
• Seal the bottle properly
• Spray your hair with the concoction whenever your hair looks dull and dry
• Use only fresh coconut water
• It will last 3-4 days
How Long Should You Leave Coconut Water On The Hair?
The duration of leaving coconut water on your hair depends on the ingredients like lemon and honey. For coconut water and apple cider vinegar, it is 10 minutes but coconut water solution with honey, lemon juice, and aloe vera gel could be allowed to sit on the hair for 20-30 minutes.
How To Massage Your Hair And Scalp?
First of all, you should check whether your nails are overgrown. If yes, then you should first trim your nails so you don’t pluck or break your hair accidentally while massaging your hair and scalp. Another thing to note is you should use your finger pores only. Also, you shouldn’t push pressure on the hair roots.
Leave the coconut oil on your hair and scalp for some time to allow your hair and scalp to soak the nutrition available in the coconut oil. But you should avoid leaving a concoction of coconut oil beyond the prescribed time.
Also, you should take care of your hair. Always use quality products like shampoo and conditioner. Also, protect your hair from dirt, grime, and pollution. Cover your hair when going out in the sun to protect it from direct sunlight.
Disclaimer: The above information is for educational purposes only and readers are advised to consider the condition of their locks before using coconut water for hair care.
For more information please visit our site at https://www.reviewmentor.com/