Now Women Can Develop Six-Pack Abs With The Following Exercises
Women can also get six-pack abs and the good thing is that they can do it easily without going to a gym or taking specific health supplements. There are plenty of exercises that build abdominal muscles and the surprising thing is that some of the exercises are simple to practice at home. Also, these exercises work well for women of all ages.
Try the following exercises to build your six-pack abs
- Cardio and HIIT
For 6-packs abs, you need to burn fat faster for which you can rely on cardio and HIIT exercises. Three hours of high-intensity exercises like jogging, running up the stairs, playing a sport, swimming, skipping, bicycling, and using any gym equipment for a week is sufficient to burn a considerable amount of fat from your body.
Starting with crunches is a great idea if you want to focus on your 6-pack abs. It will develop the mid-section of your abdominal area and strengthen your core.
• Lie down your back with your knees bend and feet flat on the floor
• Take your hands at the back of your head and curl up the upper body to a 30-degree angle
• Support your head with your hands while curling up
• Go down to the original position to repeat the exercise
• Crunches can burn up to 300 calories within half an hour
• Strengthen abdominal muscles and improve balance
• Build endurance of the abdominal muscles
- Bicycle Crunches
It is a great exercise as it builds abs and works on the quadriceps and hamstrings as well.
• Lie down on your back with your hands holding your head to support the body
• Turn to 45-degree to your right and bring your left knee towards the chest. Try to touch the left knee with your right elbow
• Repeat the process with the right knee
• Develop deep abs muscles that support hips, pelvis, and spine
• Build endurance, stability, and posture
• Boost coordination between arms and leg movements
Sit-ups are similar to crunches in many ways. For example, they are done by lying on the floor and work on the mid-section of abdominal muscles and external obliques.
• Lie down on your back with your knees bent at a 90-degree
• Cross your hands to give light support to your head and shoulders with your fingers
• Lift your head and shoulders without moving your knees
• Pause for a second before going down to the original position
• Build muscle strength in the abdominal and hip muscles
• Get athletic performance, better balance, and stability
• Reduced risk of back pain and injury in the hip and pelvis area
- Lying Leg Raise
It is a highly recommended exercise for carving the 6-pack abs by burning the fat in the belly area. But it is a little bit challenging for obese people.
• Lie down on your back with your hands flat on either side
• Raise your toes until your legs make a 90-degree angle
• Slowly bring them to the starting position
• Lose weight from lower abdominal area and legs
• Tone and strengthen abdominal muscles
• Strengthen hamstrings, calf muscles, and glutes
- Leg Up Crunch
It is a challenging variation of crunching exercise but it could be quite helpful in building lower and upper abs.
• Lie down on your back with your hands extended over the head
• Raise your legs to 90-degree and crunch up to touch your toes with your fingertips
• Good for the mid-section abdominal area muscles and lower back extensions
• Building core strength increases body metabolism for fat burning
• Improve balance and posture
Planks have multiple advantages including burning the belly fat and strengthening the rectus abdominus muscles.
• Kneel on the floor with your palms flat on the floor and your arms straight
• Bring the forearms down on the mat and extend your toes to the maximum limit
• Hold the position for 10 seconds and relax to do it again
• Build abdominal wall muscles that support the lumbar spine and pelvis
• Develop rectus abdominis that make 6-pack muscles
• Strengthen oblique muscles helpful in side bending and waist twisting
• Improve glute muscles that support and control movements of hip and thigh
- Mountain Climbers
Mimic mountain climbers on your exercise floor to get 6-pack abs. It will reduce the abdominal mass and strengthen your core.
• Get down on a plank pose with your palms flat on the floor and hands, forearms, and shoulders in a straight line
• First, extend your legs behind and then bend the right knee to bring it close to the chest
• Take the right knee back to its position and bring the left knee to the chest
• Do it fast by hopping your knees towards your chest
• Target core muscles including backs, hips, abs, and glutes
• Improve range of motion and enhance the overall body function
• It is a total body workout
- Hanging Ab Curl
It is a fun exercise that you can do anywhere and build your lower, inner, and transverse abs muscles.
• Fix a pull-up bar at an open space and grip it for the exercise
• Make a strong grip with your hands and let your legs flow down
• Pull your legs up towards the chest and bring them down but slowly
• Development of abs is the primary benefit of this exercise
• It will also develop your hip flexors
• This exercise will improve stability
• Your grip strength will be increased
- Arm Pull Over Straight-Leg Crunch
It is a great exercise, especially for abdominal muscles, hip flexors, and hamstrings.
• Lie down on the floor will your hands stretched over your head
• Slowly raise your legs and hands off the ground
• Keep raising the legs to 90-degree angle and try touching your feet with your fingers
• Hold this position for a couple of seconds before coming back
• Works on abdominal muscles
• Improves the function of back muscles
• Build strength and flexibility
• Develop strength of your core muscles
Disclaimer: The readers should do exercises only under the guidance and supervision of trained physical trainers.