15 Exercises That Can Help Lose Arm Fat
Do you have flabby arms? If yes then do you want to tone up your arms and make them lean and strong. If yes then get ready to do some exercises that will reduce the size of your arms, tone your muscles, and make them beautiful.
Here’re 15 exercises that can help burn calories and reshape your arms, shoulders, and upper back.
Cardio exercises like brisk walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, and rope jumping burn calories faster. And doing 20 minutes of cardio exercises 3-4 times a week is sufficient to start with. Later you can increase the intensity and time to 30-45 minutes and frequency for 5-6 days a week.
Push-ups are equal to weightlifting which can burn arm fat faster. In the beginning, you can try knee push-ups that are easier to do and gradually move to open push-ups with your arms wider than your shoulder length or closed push-ups with arms placed together.
- Triceps Kickback
This exercise can tone flabby arms but it requires weight. You will need a dumbbell weighing 3-4 pounds.
• Take a bench and rest your left knee and forearm on it and hold the dumbbell in the right hand
• Keep your back straight and raise the dumbbell towards the ceiling
• Do 5-10 reps with each hand
- Plank Moving
This exercise will work on the upper arms and the core. Also, it will strengthen your body.
• Take a stability ball and get into a plank position with your chest and arms on it and toes on the floor
• Lift your upper body with your arms like you do in push-ups and do it 5-10 times a day
Make a pair of scissors with your hands and move the hand scissors fast to lose arm fat.
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and hands stretched ahead
• Move your hands to sides without folding and then bring them to the front and allow them to overlap making a cross sign
• You can cross your legs as well to support the hand movement
• Repeat the exercise at least 20 times a day
- Triceps Dips
It is quite effective in reducing fat and toning the back of the arms.
• Sit down on your hips with a stable bench or chair on your back
• Reach your hands to the bench and hold its edge with your palms
• Now push your upper body towards the ceiling until your hands are straight and then come down to the starting position
• Perform 8-10 repetitions per day
- Triceps Press
This exercise is highly recommended for toning the flabby arms
• Stand straight or you can sit on a chair if you are more comfortable in a sitting position
• Hold dumbbells weighing 3-5 pounds each and raise them above your head
• Bend your elbow to allow the dumbbells to drop up to your upper back and then lift them again
• Repeat this exercise 5-10 times
- Bicep Curls
The curling exercise can reduce arm fat and strengthen your hands as well.
• Stand straight or sit down on a bench with dumbbells weighing 3-5 pounds in each hand
• Raise the dumbbells with your palms facing up towards and take the dumbbells to the maximum height
• Keep your elbows to sides for support
• Hold the dumbbells in curl up position for a couple of seconds and then come to the starting position
• Repeat this exercise 5-10 times
If you want, you can curl up both hands or one-by-one
- Diagonal Raises
It is a great exercise for the arms and shoulders. It can cut arm fat and strengthen shoulders.
• Stand straight with your feet wider than shoulder-width and hold a dumbbell weighing 3-5 pounds in your right hand
• Place your right hand with the dumbbell on your left thigh and raise the hand across your body without folding the hand
• Raise the dumbbell above your right shoulder and hold it for a couple of seconds
• Drop your hands down and repeat it with your left hand
• Perform the exercise 5-10 times with each hand
- Dumbbell Bent Over Reverse Flies
This exercise will work on your arms, shoulder, and upper back. It will help lose weight and tone up your muscles.
• Stand straight with your feet wider than shoulder-width and dumbbells weighing 3-5 pounds in each hand
• Bend down without folding your legs and your hands straight towards the floor
• Raise your hands towards the ceiling up to a maximum height and stop for a while
• Bring your hands down slowly for the next movement and repeat it 5-10 times
- Upright Row
It will strengthen your upper back and shoulders while removing fat from your arms.
• Stand straight with your feet your hips-width apart and dumbbells weighing 3-5 pounds in your hands
• Turn your palms down and lift the dumbbells to your chest
• Your elbows should be in a line with your shoulders and dumbbells close to the chest
• Bring the hands down to the first position and repeat the movement 5-10 times
- Chest Press On Ball
It is a good exercise for the triceps, shoulders, chest, glutes, and legs. It helps in achieving weight loss and strengthening the core muscles.
• Rest your head and upper back on an exercise ball and legs on the floor
• Hold dumbbells weighing 3-5 pounds in both hands and press the dumbbells towards the ceiling
• Bring your hands down to your chest and raise the dumbbell again
• Repeat the exercise 5-10 times
- Opposite Arm And Leg Lift
It is a good exercise as it can improve balance, posture, and core muscles.
• Come down on your four with your legs stretched towards your back
• Raise your right hand and left leg and hold the position for at least 5 seconds
• Come down to the first position and repeat it with the left hand and right leg and repeat the exercise 5-10 times with each hand
- Pullovers With Dumbbells
This exercise is aimed at toning the biceps and triceps.
• Lie on your back on a stable bench
• Hold dumbbells weighing 3-5 pounds in each hand
• Raise your hands towards the ceiling and bring the dumbbells towards the back to your head by folding your elbows
• Repeat the exercise 10-15 times
- Push-Up On A Ball
It is a full back exercise whose benefits extend up to the thighs but you will need to practice balancing before attempting the exercise.
• Come down on an exercise ball with the upper half resting on your hands on the floor and the lower half on the ball
• Lower your upper half towards the floor by bending your elbows and raise to come to the starting position
• Repeat this exercise 10-15 times a day
Disclaimer: Exercises should be performed only with proper training and under the watchful eyes of a personal trainer.